COM1-01-10, School of Computing, National University of Singapore
13 Computing Drive, Singapore, 117417
Email: zhangk [AT] comp [dot] nus [dot] edu [dot] sg
Currently I am a Research Fellow at the National University of Singapore, working with Associate Prof. Bingsheng He. I received my Ph.D. degree from University of Science and Technology of China in 2016. My Advisor is Prof. Bei Hua. I was a visiting scholar at The Ohio State University from 2013 to 2015, under the supervision of Prof. Xiaodong Zhang. My research area includes Database System, Networked System, Parallel Computing, and Big Data.
- Kai Zhang, Jiayu Hu, Bingsheng He, Bei Hua. DIDO: Dynamic Pipelines for In-Memory Key-Value Stores on Coupled CPU-GPU Architectures. 33rd IEEE International Conference on Data Engineering (ICDE 2017), San Diego, California, USA, April 19-22, 2017.
- Kai Zhang, Kaibo Wang, Yuan Yuan, Lei Guo, Rubao Lee, and Xiaodong Zhang. Mega- KV: A Case for GPU to Maximize the Throughput of In-Memory Key-Value Store, Proceedings of the VLDB Endowment, Vol. 8, Issue. 11. July 2015. (presented in the 41th International Conference on Very Large Data Bases (VLDB 2015), Hawaii, USA, August 31 - September 4, 2015)
- Kai Zhang, Feng Chen, Xiaoning Ding, Yin Huai, Rubao Lee, Tian Luo, Kaibo Wang, Yuan Yuan, and Xiaodong Zhang. Hetero-DB: The Next Generation High-Performance Database System on Heterogeneous Computing and Storage Hardware, Journal of Computer Science and Technology (JCST), Volume 30, Issue 4, pages 657-678, July 2015.
- Kai Zhang, Jiayu Hu, Bei Hua. A Holistic Approach to Build Real-time Stream Processing System with GPU. Journal of Parallel and Distributed Systems (JPDC), Volume 83 Issue C, Pages 44-57, September 2015.
- Kaibo Wang, Kai Zhang, Yuan Yuan, Siyuan Ma, Rubao Lee, Xiaoning Ding, and Xiaodong Zhang. Concurrent analytical query processing with GPUs, Proceedings of the VLDB Endowment, Vol. 7, Issue. 11. July 2014. (presented in the 40th International Conference on Very Large Data Bases (VLDB 2014), Hangzhou, China, September 1-5, 2014.)
- Kai Zhang, Junchang Wang, Bei Hua, Li Lu. DHash: A Cache-Friendly TCP Lookup Algorithm for Fast Network Processing. Proceedings of The 38th IEEE Conference on Local Computer Networks (LCN), Sydney, Australia, Oct.21-24, 2013.
- Kai Zhang, Junchang Wang, Bei Hua, Xinan Tang. Building High-performance Application Protocol Parsers on Multi-core Architectures. Proceedings of The 17th IEEE International Conference on Parallel and Distributed System (ICPADS), Tainan, Taiwan, DEC.7-9, 2011.
- Junchang Wang, Kai Zhang, Xinan Tang, Bei Hua. B-Queue: Efficient and Practical Queuing for Fast Core-to-Core Communication. The International Journal of Parallel Programming (IJPP), volume 41, issue 1, pp.137-159, 2013.
- Junchang Wang, Kai Zhang, Bei Hua. Parallelizing Sequential Network Applications with Customized Lock-Free Data Structures. Proceedings of the 7th International Conference on Communications and Networking in China (ChinaCom), Kunming, China, Aug. 8-10, 2012.
Awards and Honors
- Outstanding Graduates Award, University of Science and Technology of China, 2016
- Special Prize of President Scholarship for Postgraduate Students, Chinese Academy of Sciences, 2015
- National Scholarship (Ph.D.), 2015
- VLDB travel grant, 2015
- First Class Huawei Award, 2013
- Dushu Lake Scholarship, Suzhou, China, 2012